Browsing Mid-Atlantic Historic Buildings and Landscapes Survey by Issue Date

Sort by: Order: Results:

  • Ames, David L.; Bethke, Robert D.; Curtis, James; Garrison, J. Ritchie; Herman, Bernard L.; Newton, James; Siders, Rebecca J.; Williams, William H. (1992-07)
  • Ames, David L.; Doerrfeld, Dean A.; Elterich, Allison W.; Fisher, Caroline C.; Siders (Sheppard), Rebecca J. (Center for Historic Architecture and Engineering, 1994-06)
    Commissioned in 1899 as a part of the nation's coastal defense system, Fort DuPont headquartered the Coastal Artillery Corps that commanded the coastal artillery installations defending Wilmington,Philadelphia, and the ...
  • Herman, Bernard L.; McCarthy, Deidre C.; Nelson, Lewis P.; Siders, Rebecca J.; Ranzetta, Kirk E. (1995)
    The Ramsey House is located just north of Ramsey road (County Road 224) and east of Brandywine Creek in Brandywine Hundred, New Castle County. The dwelling stands as a two-story, rubble stone dwelling reflecting two major ...
  • McCarthy, Deidre C.; Siders, Rebecca J. (Center for Historic Architecture and Engineering, 1996)
  • McCarthy, Deidre C.; Siders, Rebecca J.; Herman, Bernard L.; Darsie, Julie C.; Melson, Dawn E.; Nelson, Louis P. (Center for Historic Architecture and Engineering, 1996)
    Buttonwood is a significant example of the type of rural dwelling associated with residents of the town of New Castle who owned both urban and rural residences. Buttonwood also exhibits a unique floor plan with two sets ...
  • Siders, Rebecca J.; Warner, Pamela; Herman, Bernard L.; Darsie, Julie C.; Melson, Dawn E. (1996-01)
  • Siders, Rebecca J.; Melson, Dawn E.; Anderton, Connie; Darsie, Julie; Eubank, Allyson; Hein, Kara; Hershey, Preston; Lanier, Gabrielle; Radu, Cristina; Taylor, Susan; Theimer, Karen; Tweedy, Angela; van den Hurk, Jeroen (Center for Historic Architecture and Design, 1997)
  • Hein, Kara K.; Siders (Sheppard), Rebecca J. (1998)
  • Guillery, Peter; Herman, Bernard L. (1998)
  • Herman, Bernard L.; Siders, Rebecca J.; Radu, Christina; van den Hurk, Jeroen (1999)
    Prior to its demolition in 1998, High Brier stood as a two-story house consisting of two major sections and reflecting three major construction phases dating from circa 1800 through the early twentieth century.
  • van den Hurk, Jeroen; Sheppard, Rebecca J.; Dobbs, Kelli W.; Adams, Cynthia; Cathey, Jennifer A.; Derry, Diane; Herman, Bernard L.; Klee, Jeff; Knock, Patricia (1999)
    Between September 1998 and June 1999, CHAD students and staff documented eight properties located throughout the state, including a kitchen/slave quarter, a nineteenth century urban commercial block, several farm dwellings, ...
  • Dobbs, Kelli W.; Siders, Rebecca J. (1999)
  • Bell Farm 
    Hickman, Kennedy; Siders, Rebecca J.; van den Hurk, Jeroen; Dobbs, Kelli W. (1999)
    The Bell House is significant as an example of a typical mid-nineteenth-century small farm dwelling. Built circa 1840, the earliest portion of the house is based on a hall-parlor plan with a paneled winder stair and fireplace ...
  • van den Hurk, Jeroen; Derry, Diane; Dobbs, Kelli W.; Hickman, Kennedy; Siders, Rebecca J. (1999)
    The Henry Whiteman House is now part of the Middle Run Crossing subdivision in Mill Creek Hundred, New Castle County, Delaware. Located at 210 Smith Mill Road, the house stands east of Paper Mill Road, approximately 1.25 ...
  • Maclean, Sharon; Cathey, Jennifer A.; Ross, Elizabeth G.R. (1999)
    Built in 1919-1920, the Park Theater represents the rapid rise and eventual decline of motion picture theatres in urban communities. It is significant as it denotes the architectural transition from storefront screening ...
  • Gibraltar 
    Hamilton, Jeffrey; Siders (Sheppard), Rebecca J.; Dobbs, Kelli W.; Richards, Amy (1999)
    This architectural description of Gibraltar at 250 Pennsylvania Avenue, Wilmington, Delaware comprises a study of the four principle, non-service spaces of the first floor: the dining room, stair hall and hall, living ...
  • Paulus, Emily; Sheppard, Rebecca J.; Dobbs, Kelli W.; Maclean, Sharon; Cathey, Jennifer A.; Puleo, Kevin; Killinger, Sarah; Breithaupt, Lindsey; Richards, Amy; Brossman, Romy; Everett, Jeffrey; Kershaw, Christie; Johnson, Amy (1999-10)
    One of the most architecturally distinctive agricultural outbuildings in Delaware, the Cherbourg Round Barn is significant on several accounts. The only barn of its type in the state, it demonstrates an innovative approach ...
  • Paulus, Emily; Sheppard, Rebecca J.; Dobbs, Kelli W.; Maclean, Sharon; Cathey, Jennifer A.; Puleo, Kevin; Killinger, Sarah; Breithaupt, Lindsey; Richards, Amy; Brossman, Romy; Everett, Jeffrey; Kershaw, Christie; Johnson, Amy (1999-10)
    The Hayes-Campbell Tenant House, which dates to the third quarter of the nineteenth century, is significant as one of the few remnants of Bombay Hook’s nineteenth century agricultural landscape. Secondly, it is significant ...
  • Paulus, Emily; Sheppard, Rebecca J.; Dobbs, Kelli W.; Maclean, Sharon; Cathey, Jennifer A.; Puleo, Kevin; Killinger, Sarah; Breithaupt, Lindsey; Richards, Amy; Brossman, Romy; Everett, Jeffrey; Kershaw, Christie; Johnson, Amy (1999-10)
    The John T. Simmons Farmstead is locally significant in terms of mid-to-late nineteenth century agriculture and architecture. The dwelling provides an excellent example of the mid-nineteenth century rebuilding of rural ...
  • Maclean, Sharon; Cathey, Jennifer A.; Puleo, Kevin; Paulus, Emily; Sheppard, Rebecca J.; Dobbs, Kelli W.; Killinger, Sarah; Breithaupt, Lindsey; Richards, Amy; Brossman, Romy; Everett, Jeffrey; Kershaw, Christie; Johnson, Amy (1999-10)
    The John Barber House is significant both as a log dwelling dating to the second quarter of the nineteenth century and for its association with the practice of tenant farming common in Kent County.

Search UDSpace


Browse

My Account